Sunday, July 11, 2010

I have not forgotten you

... but we all know how crazy summer can get!  Every year I take a vacation my myself.  My husband and I call it "Mommy's Getaway" to get away from everything and everybody.  I will definitely have an entire blog post dedicated to this fantastic trip but I'll just let you know now that for the past 4 years I've been going to Lancaster, PA.  I am simply fascinated with the Amish lifestyle.  Some people may choose to go to an exotic island or overseas but not me.  Every year I look forward to being among the Amish.  More later.

I have also taken up another hobby: writing.  Not just journalling (or blog posting) but honest to goodness short story fiction writing.  In another blog post I'll have to go into detail what Swap-Bot is but it's basically an online artist trading community.  One signs up for certain swaps (and they have swaps for everything) and one is assigned a partner then there is a set deadline as to when your stuff should be sent.  One swap I just completed was a short story swap.  I am thrilled with the way mine turned out and that has encouraged me to do more writing.

Anyway, that's about it for now.  Traveling and writing, writing and traveling.  I hope everyone is enjoying their summer! 

No comments: