Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Still Spinning

After I let the fibers settle for a few days I took it off the back of my chair (because I don't have a Knitty Knoddy yet):

And for anyone wondering what a Knitty Knoddy is:  (images taken from Google images)
I was so excited to start knitting I decided not to wash it because then I would have to wait for it to dry!
I just did a straight knit stitch because, again, I was excited to see how it was going to turn out.
I love how some parts of the yarn is skinnier than other parts, it gives it a very handmade look.  But after knitting a few rows I think I've decided to take it apart and knit on larger needles.  I used size 10 US but I think I want to go up to 14 US.  And since I've seen what it is going to look like I may wash it and then knit/purl this time.

Learning and practicing, learning and practicing, that's what art is all about and I love it!

No comments: