Sunday, May 1, 2011

New ideas

I love buttons and I love painting on them but lately I've been knitting and water coloring.  Well I've revisited my buttons because I have some new ideas for them.  My first step was to collect aluminum can lids (easy, I had them leftover from another Christmas angel project).  Next I visited the hardware store for washers; big heavy washers.  Who knew that creative people LOVE hardware stores because we NEVER use the supplies for purposes intended.

The next thing I did was to glue the buttons on the aluminum can lids then prime them for painting: 
Then let the fun begin!

So this is almost the finished product.  I can't decide whether to make them pendants or put pin backs on them because some of them are rather large.  The diameter of these 3 measures about 3".  So the front is finished but the back isn't.


And here is another look at some of my creations drying in the sun:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On that aluminum tray, they look like elaborate artsy cupcakes!

Terisa said...

You can buy the enamel paints at Jo-Ann Fabrics...they come in the same containers as the acrylic paints...but you have to bake what ever you paint.