Saturday, February 11, 2012

Purple Passion Flowers

I had this new idea:  To dry acrylic paint on parchment paper then peal it off and use that in a piece of art.  So I picked out about 4 different colors of paint: dark and light purple, gold and a pearlescence beige.  I squirted them all onto parchment paper, swirled them around with the tip of a paintbrush (not the bristle end) and q-tips.  Not too vigorously though because I still wanted to see each individual color that was used.




I knew that when this was dry I was going to use it to create flowers.  After a few days of letting it dry I then decided to create a background for these flowers.  Instead of making the "traditional" blue sky and green grass I decided to incorporate the purples and gold into the background as well.


Now comes the fun part of peeling the paint and balling it up! (Sorry I got so excited at this stage I forgot to take pictures!)

After gluing the flowers down I painted the stems and finished with the leaves.  I was leaning towards the leaves being blue since nothing else in the painting was as it seems but I wanted the person to at least recognize the leaves so I elected to paint them green.




Purple Passion Flowers is now for sale at my art studio at Olde Towne Art.  I should have taken a side view of it so you could see the dimension on these flowers, I just love it.

2 comments:

Judy said...

This is a beautiful piece of art. So unique and I love the color combination. I need to come down to Olde Towne to see all of your creations.

Aubrina Schryer said...

Kim, That is GORGEOUS... You are REALLY talented in lots of different "mediums".... Ok,... How much is this piece ? Thank you....