Tuesday, February 7, 2012

I'm still here!

Wow I can't believe I haven't posted in 2 1/2 weeks!  Sorry guys but it seems like this cold and flu season has decided to check into our house for a while.  We are on the upswing now though.

I feel like I've been in another creative rut lately but when I made a list this morning about new blog posts I discovered that it's not a rut as much as "all over the place" and not really focusing on one idea.  So I have 4 new posts to do but not enough time to do them but I have my trusty list that I will refer to in the next few days/weeks.

For starters I have moved into a smaller space at Olde Towne Art for financial reasons.  But I also found that with the large space I felt that I needed to create large pieces to fill that space and that just isn't me.  I don't work in large scale.  It felt more of like a burden to create pieces instead of an inspiration.  It did get me to think bigger though. 

So here are a few pictures of my new smaller space and believe it or not every one of my pieces in my large space fit just fine in my smaller space.  I actually think it looks a little better because your eye isn't jumping from one space to another, it now just flows through my work.





And since taking this picture it's changed again!  They love when I come in because they know that I'll be moving stuff around.  My art dolls weren't selling so I took those down for a while but since this picture I've taken them back in and hung them on the walls like my mermaid.  I am also working on 4 new pieces that I hope to finish by the end of the week so more changes will be happening again in my little space so stay tuned!

No comments: