Sunday, April 15, 2012

Just a quick look at our new show

Wow has it been a busy week around here!  My kids were out for spring break last week so hopefully tomorrow my life will get back to normal (and I'll get out a bunch of posts that have been stored in my head!)

A week ago (April 6th) we had a new show opening at Olde Towne Art and I've been meaning to post these pictures but spring break got in the way.  My last post was about these new fabric bowls I've been making and I'm happy to say that I have three in the new show: (and yes everything is for sale!)
For a long time now I've wanted to paint a whimsical chair but other ideas seemed to keep crowding that one out.  I finally did it and this is displayed in the front window as well:
(There will be an entire post on the process by which I painted this chair next week).

And finally, the last thing I made for the show was a quilt I named A Kaleidoscope of Candy.   The alternate name was going to be A Modern Twist on an Old Pattern simply because if you are a quilter you know this to be the log cabin design but traditionally they were made from more muted colors.  It is lap quilt size and if you are the lucky person who buys it it is totally machine washable and dryer safe.

Please be sure to stop in if you're in the Portsmouth area and check out all 23 local artists.  We each have our own style and some of us do custom orders.

No comments: