Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sequins galore!

This post was going to be combined with another one but I think I just need to share with you my new found love of sequins.  It all started with my first project Gypsy Love (previous post).  I found that to add more sparkle to something I could stitch on sequins because I didn't want to use glitter glue, I do have my limits. 

I already had a tremendous amount of sequins that my mom pawned off on me at some point.  I had no idea what I would ever do with them but I never turn down any art or craft product.
So as you can see I clearly didn't need any more.  Besides what other types of sequins could possibly be out there?  Well that was all I needed to go searching on the internet to see what was out there.  I really didn't think I would find anything other than circles, boy was I wrong!!

I came across this company called Cartwright's Sequins.  I was blown away!!  The sizes range from 2mm - 30mm and they have shapes like squares, butterflies, fans and you have to see their kaleidoscope sequins, they look like mini doilies.  

Here are 6 of the 8 different designs I ordered that arrived a few days ago:
Look at the hologram ones:
But my favorite so far are the square embossed ones:
I have a few ideas for these but it's getting late so you'll have to wait until tomorrow when I write my next post.  Good night!

No comments: