Friday, January 25, 2013

Fabric bowls gone wild!

I have taken my fabric bowls to a whole new level, embellishments!!

The first bowl was a Halloween bowl with hand sewn beads and that crazy eyelash yarn (I finally found a use for it!)
The second bowl isn't finished yet but it's a pumpkin bowl with a lid.  I created the stem out of creative paper clay but haven't painted it yet.  The white piece of paper is the template for the leaves that I drew.  It will be cut out of olive green velvet and this weekend I hope to embroider the veins of the leaf and add sead beads.
My "wedding basket".  Again not quite finished because I think it needs more pearls and sequins but I'm thinking about customizing these for brides.  If your colors are teal or burgundy I could incorporate those colors into the basket as well.  It would sit on the table with the gifts to hold wedding cards.
Then I decided that it would be fun to sew beads between the fabric rings.  My inspiration was these wooden painted beads I got in Cozumel, Mexico on my honeymoon.  I then looked through my stash and found this butterfly fabric, perfect!  Again not quite finished because I'm going to continue upwards and do a few more rings.

1 comment:

eberry5003 said...

These are all really cute Kim!! I can't wait to see the finished pumpkin one :-) and I love the wedding basket!