About Me

My photo

I started this blog on November 23, 2009 just because I wanted to chronicle my artistic endeavors and see "in black and white" how many different directions my artistic brain would go.  I challenged myself to try different mediums and that this blog could be a platform to post my achievements and failures.  I cannot believe it's been six years now!  Over the past 6 years I've learned a few things from writing this blog:
1.  Art is in my blood, I will always be thinking or doing something artistic
2.  About 80% of my work turns out better than the original idea
3.  I am not a fast artist, I have to start on an idea and then let it sit for a while
4.  It's OK that my "artsy" brain sometimes goes in 1,000 different directions at once
With all of this said I now consider myself a mixed media artist because I a lot of my talents cross over into other projects I've already started; It's a great life and I wouldn't change anything about my crazy artistic brain!  


Saturday, January 26, 2013

Yes you've made it to KIMagination...

but after three and a half years I have decided to change the name of my blog.  I am also in the process of creating a website and I needed to find a web page name that isn't already taken and there are a few KIMagination's out there.  It's still an ongoing process though.

When I was a little girl my family and I went to the Appalachian Mountains.  The trail we hiked was called The Riprap Trail.  I remember saying "That is a cute name for a cat... when I get older I'm going to get an all black cat and name him Riprap".  I have always loved solid black cats.  In August of 1992 I got Rippy, as he was affectionately called, and his sister was Eureka.  A few years later I got a third cat named Lefty.  They all lived a very long and happy life.  So this blog has been renamed in honor of my Rippy, the black cat.


Post a Comment