About Me

My photo

I started this blog on November 23, 2009 just because I wanted to chronicle my artistic endeavors and see "in black and white" how many different directions my artistic brain would go.  I challenged myself to try different mediums and that this blog could be a platform to post my achievements and failures.  I cannot believe it's been six years now!  Over the past 6 years I've learned a few things from writing this blog:
1.  Art is in my blood, I will always be thinking or doing something artistic
2.  About 80% of my work turns out better than the original idea
3.  I am not a fast artist, I have to start on an idea and then let it sit for a while
4.  It's OK that my "artsy" brain sometimes goes in 1,000 different directions at once
With all of this said I now consider myself a mixed media artist because I a lot of my talents cross over into other projects I've already started; It's a great life and I wouldn't change anything about my crazy artistic brain!  


Saturday, March 22, 2014

Spring is officially here!

And that means changing my color pallet (just a little).  I had pneumonia this past winter plus my side job of pet sitting that I can't believe I let two months slip away.  I have been working on many more new fabric bowls AND have also been exploring the techniques used in art quilts because I just don't like following patterns.

Here is a look at some of my new spring fabric bowls:








All of these are for sale at Auntie M's American Cottage in Yorktown, VA
Post a Comment