Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Rubber Ducky You're The One...

You make bath time oh so fun!  My good friend Amber is having a baby and her shower was last weekend (hosted also by me and another one of our friends).  I am not really a pastel girl, I wonder why people think pastels when they think of babies?  Anyway Amber's nursery is Rubber Ducky themed.  Perfect, bright yellows, oranges and blues.  I found the perfect ducky fabric and then used a simple quilt pattern to showcase this theme.
The quilt pattern I used was called attic windows and here's how it turned out:
I free form quilted it
And for the backing I used the same ducky fabric:
For the baby shower I was in charge of either making or buying the corsage.  I love a good challenge so I made it.  I cut out one of the ducky's from the fabric then I used fabric stiffener to help it keep it's shape then worked around that:
I can't wait till "mini-Amber" arrives so I can give her lots of kisses and help out "first time mom" too!  Congrats Amber and Tommy I love you all so much!

1 comment:

butterflylinda said...

Love that quilt! Fantastic!