Sunday, January 10, 2016

More updates

Since quitting my job, and spending more time at home, I have started to clean out my art room. Purge, get rid of stuff that I haven't used in years.  I am at a crossroads as to which direction my art and creativity are going.  I figured that if I cleaned out (and I mean CLEANED OUT) my room it would be cathartic. Clean room = clean mind = fresh start.  I'm about halfway finished and it feels great!

My second update is that I've started writing again.  I wrote poetry and short stories in middle and high school.  I never shared them with anyone but I loved writing.  Since "picking up the pen again" I have been writing Haiku's.  I am working on another blog dedicated to my poetry and ponderings.  There I will share some of my older work (1980's) with my newer works.  I'm not great at it but I love writing my ideas and ways of thinking down on paper.

I am also revisiting my love of photography.  This was my first "artistic endeavor" and since cleaning out my art room I have stumbled upon some of my photography portfolios.  I used to take black and white photos with a manual film camera.  I will be incorporating my photography into my new poetry blog. 

A few days ago I had a free day so I went to an antique mall and took pictures.  This adventure was two-fold, not only was I polishing up my photography skills but antiques inspire me to write.  Yesterday I saw this little elf-boy that I remember my grandmother putting out at Christmas, my mind then went back to what her house looked like and what my brother and I would do while we were there.


No comments: