Saturday, March 19, 2016

More Art Dolls, this time with a story

Since my last post my writing has really taken off!  I have jumped into the wonderful world of fiction writing and as of today my first story is up to 20,000 words.  What am I writing you ask?  Fantasy for young adults.  I enjoy reading books with the main character being around eight to ten years old so this is who my book is for.
     In January I had a rough idea for a story and as I was sitting in my art room I noticed  my three art dolls "talking" to each other, they had a story to tell me.  My first book is their story.

Meet Azraella, the matriarch of my woodland friends, she is very calm and level headed.  Oh and she is an ant.

Meet Bazorg - He is the "clown" of the group.  He is a bird and not too smart at times.  He and Edric (the raccoon) don't get along to well.

Meet Couna - She is a bat and is very shy and quiet,  She only trusts a few other animals and Bazorg is her best friend.

Their names begin with the of letter of the alphabet in order in which I designed them.  "A" for Azraella because she was the first one I created.  Bazorg was my second and Couna my third.  This first book, so far, has characters named through "G".  I would really like to turn this into a series but I don't want to jump the gun yet.
     Domin-eye, Edric, Frena and Gumlop have also been created (3-D) but I don't want to share all of my secrets yet.

1 comment:

Holly Carton said...

Yay, I'm glad you've posted a little bit of their story! (Hi, it's Holly, the artist you met at the va beach spring craft market :D) Really fascinating to see what the dolls look like :D