Wednesday, March 20, 2013

New Fabric Bowls!

I have been working hard on my art dolls but I've also come up with some new fabric bowls as well. I got tired of just using 100% cotton so when I went to the thrift store I looked in the linen section to see if I could find more "texturized" fabric. I came across what I think used to be curtains; I would not have hung this color in my house but doesn't it made the cutest looking shabby chic basket.  (The top three rows are 100% cotton)

Then I had another idea, upholstery!  This bowl could be named "The Sound of Music" because it reminds me of the drapes that Maria used to make the children's play clothes out of.

And this last one is really not new but has embellishments added to it.  I plan on doing this a lot more with my fabric bowls, adding found objects, beads, wood, seashells, anything I can get my hands on to create one-of-a-kind fabric bowls.
With most of my art I have to let it sit for a while to decide if it's finished or it needs anything else.  With the above wood and fabric bowl I will be adding some kind of handle, maybe even more greenery, I'm still in my thinking stage with this one.

1 comment:

Beth B said...

Beautiful Kim! I LOVE this first one especially. It's not only a beautiful bowl, I think it'd make an adorable hat for a little girl. :-)
Wish I had your patience and talent!