Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Etsy Conversations

I have started listening to podcasts again.  For those of you out there that aren't familiar with podcasts it's like a recorded talk show that you subscribe to (free) and can listen whenever you want (and over and over again if you want).  I mainly listen to arts and crafts type podcasts but there are literally thousands and thousands out there from news to comedy, from learning to speak Spanish to baby care.

I recently stumbled upon one called Etsy Conversations and it is amazing!!
As some of you all know I have tried to sell on Etsy before with little success.  I'm not sure if I'll try to sell my stuff again on Etsy but if I do I will be taking a lot this podcasts advise.  There are definitely a few things I've learned:
1.  Do not assume that people will "find you" you have to get out there and market yourself every way imaginable.
2.  Social Media, use it!  Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram.  Plug into everything and figure out what works for your business.
3.  Learn how to tag your merchandise.
4.  It takes a lot of hard work and determination.
5.  Make personal connections with your customers, write thank-you notes, if they aren't completely satisfied work to make it right.

Etsy Conversations is a bi-weekly podcast this interviews artists that sell on Etsy and their "secrets" for success.  So not only have I gotten a lot of useful information I have also been introduced to some great artists!

No comments: