About Me

My photo

I started this blog on November 23, 2009 just because I wanted to chronicle my artistic endeavors and see "in black and white" how many different directions my artistic brain would go.  I challenged myself to try different mediums and that this blog could be a platform to post my achievements and failures.  I cannot believe it's been six years now!  Over the past 6 years I've learned a few things from writing this blog:
1.  Art is in my blood, I will always be thinking or doing something artistic
2.  About 80% of my work turns out better than the original idea
3.  I am not a fast artist, I have to start on an idea and then let it sit for a while
4.  It's OK that my "artsy" brain sometimes goes in 1,000 different directions at once
With all of this said I now consider myself a mixed media artist because I a lot of my talents cross over into other projects I've already started; It's a great life and I wouldn't change anything about my crazy artistic brain!  


Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Oh digital photography

I love photography and with all of the new technology out there you can do almost anything to a digital picture. I have also dabbled in this on occasion. I think Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0 came with my computer or I got it real cheep someplace. I've entertained the idea of actually "buying" a nice program to do some neat editing with my pictures but just haven't yet. I'm way more into sewing right now. Just this past week I stumbled upon a new feature that I really like. After I pick an image I want to edit I "sharpen" then "sharpen again" then "unsharp mask" whatever that means. I love the way these images turn out so I may be spending more time altering my pictures... that is after I finish my niece and nephew's quilts for Christmas!
Before:


After:

Before:


After:


If anyone out there is reading this and knows of a super easy but super fun program to alter photos please let me know, I'd love to hear from you.
Post a Comment