Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The knitting Bug

Good riddance summer... we are now moving into my favorite season, fall.  I love the crispness of the air, the pumpkins on my neighbor's porches, and the vibrant colors of the changing leaves.  I can wear my hair down again and not worry about it sticking to the back of my neck like it does in hot, humid Virginia.

I have so many creative interests and one ever knows what I'll be working on a month from now.  I may be revisiting old projects or trying my hand at something new.  Well the knitting bug bit about two weeks ago.  With the weather changing as fast as it did it seemed only natural for me to pull out my needles again.  My mom taught me the basic knit and purl stitches six years ago but I have never gone any further than that.  I've knit on circular needles which I find to be tons of fun.

I'm not aspiring to knit a sweater, frankly because I don't wear too many sweaters, but I definitely want to learn some different designs.  I told my husband that I'm going to try not to buy any new yarn until I use up some of my old stuff... and complete some of the knitting projects I started last fall.  I'm off to a great start.  I pulled out the 2 small tubs of yarn I had stashed away.  I inventoried then organized all of it and to my surprise I had many UFO's (unfinished objects) that were nearly done!  Which means I'll be able to buy new yarn sooner than I thought, yeah!

Like I said I'm not aspiring to knit a sweater but I would just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to knit a pair of socks for myself (or two or three).  Last night I got on the computer and ordered, what looked like, the easiest sock knitting book there was.  By the time the book arrives I will have finished two more projects from my stash.  I think that may be enough to treat myself to sock weight yarn... YIPPEE!  

Happy Fall Everyone!

No comments: