Saturday, October 30, 2010

I've been inspired again

I dabble in a lot of different types of media and when I can "marry" the two of them together it is such a thrill for me.

While waiting for my sock knitting book to come in the mail I went to the library just to see what they had, one can never have too many art books.  In my collection one can find anything from sculpey clay books to glass fusing to quilting and embroidery books.  I love learning new techniques and am always inspired by other people's work.  So in the library I found this wonderful "combination" book entitled Knitting with Beads by Jane Davis.  Right up my alley!  I love beads and I love to knit... why didn't I think of this?


My first project from this book is on page 83 and it's called Cascading Diamonds Scarf.  The pattern calls for 2 skeins of yarn and I am to string 725 beads on each skein.  I only have about 200 beads on the first skein so I don't have any progress pictures to show you yet but this is what it will eventually look like:


The color of the scarf in the book is eggplant but I will be doing mine in a marina blue with blue beads.  I will definitely be purchasing a copy of this book after I have returned it to the library because this one needs to be in my collection.

Happy knitting... and beading!

No comments: