Friday, October 8, 2010

More links, new ideas

To get myself out of this creative rut I've revisited my two all-time-favorite podcasts.  I simply LOVE listening to these two women.  Their podcasts and websites are totally independent of each other.  Sister Dianne writes Craftypod.  And Dianne Ackerman Haywood writes Craftsanity. They have interviewed each other and that's where I found Dianne Ackerman Haywood, Craftypod's Sister Dianne was interviewing her.  I would like to start putting up more links on my blog so I thought I'd start with these two ladies.

This morning, for inspiration, I was listening to Sister Dianne of Craftypod.  Episode #122 was called A New Dress A Day with Marisa Lynch.  I was listening to this podcast in the car on the way to work.  I could not wait to get home to see what Marisa was actually doing! (our computers at work are filtered so we can't surf the web at all!)  Marisa buys $1.00 dress a day from either a thrift store or garage sale, etc. then transforms it into something that is actually wearable... $1.00, one dress, one day for 365 days!  Marisa is AMAZING and so inspirational!  I almost want to run down to my local thrift store right now!  Please visit A New Dress A Day to see what I'm talking about. 

And a big thank you goes out to Sister Dianne for bringing me out of this creative rut I seem to have fallen into.

No comments: