Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another new endeavor

Chain mail jewelry!

Last fall I went to a little craft fair at my local YMCA.  I really didn't expect to find much or get many ideas... but that's when you find the good stuff!  I met a young man by the name of Daniel Wayno who had the most beautiful, and interesting, jewelry.  Having worked with lobster clasps, crimp beads and split rings I understood the time it went into making these pieces of jewelry.  They were made completely from jump rings!  I was so intrigued.  I ended up buying one of his more intricate bracelets (and my picture doesn't do it justice):
You can see more of his work here: DeviantArt

Since Christmas has past and I can once again focus on the creative ideas that are exploding out of my head I decided to order a book on how exactly you create chain mail jewelry.  I received this book yesterday and couldn't put it down last night:
Here are some pictures from the book, I will probably try these earrings first:

And I just LOVE this bracelet:


So thank you Daniel and all of the artists out there who inspire me... now where are my pliers?

No comments: