Monday, October 22, 2012

I found my niche!

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom I have been able to tap into those creative genes that my parents blessed me with.  I have always loved art and have tried many things.  My first love was photography and to this day I usually have my camera with me wherever I go.  Some of my other artistic endeavors have included sewing, beading and jewelry making, painting (acrylics and watercolors), cake decorating, clay work, quilting, knitting, wood burning, soldering, quilling, ATC's and I'm sure there's more I can't think of at the moment. 

So when I say I've found my niche I can hear some of you laughing because I have never been one to stay with something for very long.

ART DOLLS!!!

I love the definition Wikipedia gives:
Art dolls are dolls created by artists and intended as expressive and unique art objects rather than children's toys. Art dolls made by professional artists may be considered fine art. Made using a wide variety of styles and media, some are abstract or tribal, while others are incredibly realistic. They range from dolls with pre-manufactured parts to being wholly fabricated by the artist or sculptor. The term "art dolls" usually refers to human-like dolls, but not always. Art dolls can depict animals, mythical creatures, or abstract beings.

You can read more about art dolls here: As defined in Wikipedia

I have found that I can combine all of my artistic talents into an art doll.  I can use whatever medium I desire for the body, I can sew until my heart is content, I can paint, I can play with clay, the list just goes on and on.  Plus I can create whatever kind of creature I want.  If I want a cat-mermaid I can do it.  I love this expression of art because it challenges my mind every day.  I have three in the works right now but the closest one to being finished is my pumpkin-jester-juggler.  Stay tuned, pictures to come!

"Those cookies do not look appetizing!"  Says my husband when he sees me putting these onto the tray...
These are actually celuclay heads drying on my deck.  I only have plans for the biggest one right now.

No comments: