Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"Friday's Photo"

Even though today is not Friday I've decided to add a little something to my blog, I'm calling it Friday's Photo.  Before my knitting needles, paint brushes and sewing machines I had a camera.  My first "real" hobby was photography.  Around the age of six my dad taught me how to use his camera and ever since then I've been fascinated my them.  He didn't have to explain much to me because it was a 110 film camera, but I was amazed that you could push one little button and capture an image on paper forever.  As time went on he taught me how to use his manual focus SLR film camera.  I fell in love with photography all over again.  We are in the digital age now and I remember it taking me a long time to convert over because if I didn't have a negative in my hand then chances were I could loose an image forever.  I've since gotten past that and have been shooting digital for about 15 years now. I have two cameras that I love and do not travel without them; they are my Canon Digital Rebel and my Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ18.

So all of this to say that I have hundreds if not thousands of photos I've love to share with the world.  I am on Flickr but I initially set that up so I could share pictures with my relatives that were far away.   

I may be changing the title of Friday's Photo to something else if I find that I'm posting more than one a week. 

I welcome you fall with open arms...
(Photograph taken at Colonial Williamsburg).

No comments: