Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nature is a great resource

Joshua, my four year old, enjoys being outside and it was a perfect afternoon to go on a nature walk and to explore the world around us.  We collected fall leaves, pine cones and pine needles to make a festive wreath.  I normally don't decorate much for fall (because I like to jump straight to Christmas) but this year I've been inspired by the gorgeous colors of the fall leaves.  Plus I absolutely LOVE doing arts and crafts with Joshua.  We made a huge wreath to hang over the mantle so all of our family will be able to see it for Thanksgiving.  After we were finished with the wreath I sprayed it with poly acrylic to preserve the colors of the leaves (hence some of the shininess).
  Pine cone turkeys and garland are still in the works!

No comments: