Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How is my knitting coming along?

It's coming along just fine, thank you.  A few days ago I told you that I had cleaned out my old stash of yarn in order to upgrade and I found a few UFO's in my bin so I'm trying to get these done before I continue on with my socks.  I will probably finish this scarf tonight (YIPPEE!)
I couldn't tell you what kind of yarn or what weight it is.  It's probably a bulky weight as I'm using size 8 needles and it is rather thick feeling which I love. 
I said I wasn't going to post a picture of my socks until I finished both of them.  Well since I started these "other" half finished projects I'm dying to show the world my first pair of socks (1/2 finished)

I am starting to add SOCK knitting to my collection of knitting books but the one that I've found most helpful is a leaflet by Leisure Arts called I Can't Believe I'm Knitting Socks by Cindy Guggemos.  My green socks, which I've named Frolicking In The Grass on Ravelry, is just the basic sock pattern.  But I was so excited about these pair of socks I started another pair... just a little more difficult.  This pattern is called the Syncopated Rib Socks and I picked out bold colors for this.

And here's a closer picture to show the detail of the leg.  The pattern is fairly easy, you just have to keep track of what row you're on.

I have already picked out yarn for my third pair of socks but I will not, I repeat I will not, start these until either my first or second pair of socks is complete.

Happy knitting everyone!

No comments: