Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Revisiting an old friend - My Camera

I hope everyone is having a nice holiday season without being too stressed out.  Christmas is over and now we are looking ahead to 2011.  I'm not sure what made me decide to buy another camera a few weeks ago but I did.  Now mind you with me being the frugal person I am I read up on different cameras and searched for deals and finally found the perfect little camera.  I have two really nice cameras but they are both too big to put in my pocket and go.  This is what I wanted:  a small compact camera BUT one that gave me the same quality as my two nicer cameras.

It seems like every time I buy a new camera I remember how much joy photography brings me.  I get excited about taking pictures again.  I tend to look at objects, buildings, nature, everything differently.  I like taking extreme close-up shots, that way it's a mystery as to what it is.  I also like to play with different angles.  Most people take pictures straight on.  Not me.  I will lie on my back to get a different view of something.

I have been a member of the Flickr Community for a few years now.  Flickr is a website that lets you download your pictures, organize them, share them with other people and join groups if you would like other people to see your work.  There are literally thousands of groups you can download your photos into.  You name it, they got a group for it.  Some of the groups I'm in are What's Your Angle Buddy?, License Plates, Sharpie Artists, Amish, Chicks With Cameras, the list goes on and on.  I think I'm in about 55+ groups as of today.  When I first joined Flickr I wanted to get my pictures out there so I could see what other people thought of my work... I don't care so much about that anymore. 

I know there are other people out there, like me, that just enjoy looking at photographs.  I believe every photograph tells a story and this is why I decided to join this group on Flickr called 365: the 2011 edition.  It is just what it's name implies.  I will take a picture a day for the entire year.  I have a few Flickr friends that have done this before and I had such a good time following their journey.  Now it's my turn.
You can find me at http://flickr.com/photos/photographybykim/

No comments: