Saturday, December 11, 2010

Knitting up a storm

Sock, socks and more socks!  I am now obsessed with knitting socks.  I have finished one in the pair of my first socks ever and I LOVE the way it turned out and I love the way it fits my foot...perfect!  So I have cast on for the second sock in this pair (because I can't show them off unless I have both socks).  But got bored with the solid green color so I started another pair of socks in crazy, wild variegated colors and love them too!  The first pair of socks are light green with striped heels and toes in greens, blues and yellows.  I will eventually post a picture when they are both finished.

Now that I've started listening to a lot of knitting podcasts I've decided to go through my stash of yarn and get rid of the acrylic stuff and upgrade to nicer stuff.  I donated a whole trash bag full to the Wednesday morning knitting group at my church!  

As I was going through my stash I found a lot of UFO's (UnFinished Objects) that I'd like to finish.  So along with my two pairs of socks I am also finishing up two scarves that I started about two years ago. 

I joined Ravelry about a month ago and just today took some pictures that I hope to eventually post here and on Ravelry.  They are nothing spectacular so don't get too excited (just scarves) but I can't wait to take pictures of my socks!

Happy knitting everyone!

No comments: