Friday, November 27, 2009

Advertising for myself

For as long as I can remember I've been doing photography. But it wasn't until a few years ago that I started selling my photography, primarily on note cards. The first art show I was in was called Art On The Halfshell right here in Urbanna, VA. From there I started doing the local farmer's market. Then I took 2 years off to have kids. It was during this time that I feel like I had a creative explosion. Plus I started listening to crafty podcasts. I am one of these people that likes to try a lot of different techniques in all sorts of mediums. From quilting and cake decorating to painting and soldering, I'll try anything that interests me.

About a month ago I unveiled more of my projects in the Urbanna Oyster Festival. Where our little town of 400 people gets bombarded by 50,000 people (no joke, really!) The response was great and I have now decided to do the Urbanna Farmer's Market again in 2010.




All of this to say that I am also selling my stuff online, hooray! I joined Etsy (an online handmade crafting community) a few months ago and am still working on getting my pictures up. Right now there are fabric hair clips, stacked button pendants and tote bags for sale. So please stop by and take a look around.
http://www.kimagination.etsy.com

No comments: