Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's happening in my crafty world

I am now giving soldering a second try. After my first attempt a few months ago I put it away for another time because I couldn't figure out why the solder wouldn't stick to the glass. Then I discovered another great podcast called Crafted By Us. It is a video podcast by Michelle and she is an amateur at crafty stuff just like me. I guess that's why I like her so much because she will make the mistakes on the video so when I'm doing my project I won't screw up. Her fourth episode (dated 12/11/06) is on soldering. Now I know what I'm doing wrong... copper foil is the key! I knew I had to use flux but I was trying to use flux paste. The second key to my soldering endeavor is liquid flux. So my second attempt last night went much smoother. I don't have all of the kinks worked out yet but yeah I can solder!



The organist at our church is retiring and a member of the choir has asked me to paint a tray for her. She envisioned a tree with the names of all the choir members written on the branches. Ok that sounds easy enough. So I worked on that last night too. I haven't printed the names on the branches yet because I'm still waiting for the paint to dry. A long standing member of the choir, and a very active lady in the church and community, is moving. Pat wondered if I could possibly paint two trays. SURE! I've never been "commissioned" to paint something so this was fun. When I showed my husband last night he said "You're really starting to develop your own style of work". That made me feel so good, thanks hubby. He is so supportive in everything that I do... he just never knows what I'm going to want to try next.



No comments: