Thursday, November 26, 2009

On Thanksgiving Day a New Year's Resolution

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. My family and I went down to my parents house and my husband and mom cooked up a delicious lunch! Before lunch my three year old helped my dad sweep leaves off the deck and my one year old showed off his "new walking" abilities.

I realize it is way too early to be thinking about New Year's resolutions but on this Thanksgiving day I had a thought. And, by the way, I've NEVER done a New Year's resolution before.

On this Thanksgiving Day I'm thankful for my friend Mary. We used to work together about 5 years ago until I got married and had to move. I'm a little over an hour away and we still occasionally keep in contact but you know... life happens! But no matter how long it's been since we talked last I ALWAYS get a birthday card from her. She has had a very rough year and through the passing of her daughter she still sent me a birthday card. I never realized how much that card meant to me until this year. For her to stop her life, and mind you we haven't talked in a year, and for her to remember me was so incredibly heartwarming.

So my New Year's resolution is to collect birthday's from now to December 31st and starting January 1st, 2010 I will send birthday cards to everyone I possibly can. Ok mom you're first! And for anyone else reading this and you want to see if I can keep my New Year's resolution, send me your address, birth date and your "likes". In my mind I'm thinking I might make these cards but I'm not sure about that yet. I already have my first 3 days filled. My mom's birthday is January 1st; my best friends is January 2nd; and my brother's is January 3rd.

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: